43 results found for "Shame"
- Episode 35 | Ask Your Gay Uncle Podcast
Tags # # # # # # # # # GayThePrayAway ConversionTherapy Rainbow ErikaAllison Religion Christianity Guilt Shame Relationships Share MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE RevErikaAllison.com “Gay The Pray Away” and book audiobook Rev.
- Episode 30 | Ask Your Gay Uncle Podcast
Previous Episode Previous Episode 30. TOMMY'S BIGGEST CHALLENGE, PART 2: THE AFTERMATH 00:00 / 01:04 Tommy shares the single biggest challenge he’s ever faced. Tags # # # # # # # # Accidents Guilt Challenges Death RoadTrip Sorrow Friends Grief Share MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE Accidental Impacts : Coping with causing a serious accident. A site for information, support, and healing. Additional music – Gemini Guitar
- Episode 29 | Ask Your Gay Uncle Podcast
Previous Episode Previous Episode 29. TOMMY'S BIGGEST CHALLENGE, PART 1: THE ACCIDENT 00:00 / 01:04 Tommy shares the single biggest challenge he’s ever faced. : This episode contains graphic descriptions of a traumatic accident involving injury and death. WARNING Tags # # # # # # # # Accidents Guilt Challenges Death RoadTrip Sorrow Friends Grief Share MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE Accidental Impacts : Coping with causing a serious accident. A site for information, support, and healing.
- Episode 28 | Ask Your Gay Uncle Podcast
Previous Episode Previous Episode 28. TO SEX OR NOT TO SEX? 00:00 / 01:04 The Guncles answer a listener question about having sex on dates vs. hookups. On another question they explore being out and employable in the realms of dance, theatre, and film. A listener shares his personal story of being content as a gay man, a father and grandfather, while married to a woman. Tags # # # # # # # ComingOut HookingUp Dating Sex Actors Dance SeanHayes Share
- Episode 38 | Ask Your Gay Uncle Podcast
Previous Episode 38. "I ACCIDENTALLY FOUND HIS WILL..." 00:00 / 01:04 A listener has been providing extensive care for an elderly friend with Parkinson's, who has promised to include this listener in his will. This listener accidentally happened upon the will... read it… and discovered that he was not, in fact, included. What should he do? Later in the episode, Tommy invents a new game and The Guncles chat about Winnebagos and turkey basters. Tags # # # # # # # # # Elderly OldAge LongTermCare SanFrancisco Inheritance Chinook Betrayal Children Homeless Share
- Episode 26 | Ask Your Gay Uncle Podcast
Previous Episode Previous Episode 26. A VERY COVID CHRISTMAS 00:00 / 01:04 Tags # # # # # # COVID HIV Testing Holidays Christmas NewYears Ben and Tommy travel to Kentucky for family Christmas and get tested for Covid, and explore the similarities between COVID and HIV. Ben shares a memory of a previous family Christmas, which gives Tommy a chance to see himself from Ben’s 11-yr-old perspective. The Guncles battle head-to-head with Christmas Carols (why are there so many!?) and help a listener celebrate a solo New Year’s Eve. Share MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE CDC: COVID demographics HIV.gov: HIV demographics
- Episode 32 | Ask Your Gay Uncle Podcast
Previous Episode Previous Episode 32. "HIS STEPMOM BLOCKED ME ON FACEBOOK..." 00:00 / 01:04 Tags # # # # # # # # # # # # # # PussyLicker NonviolentCommunication Parents WomenOfColor Race CisgenderedWhiteMen Nutmeg GivingHead Boundaries Sex Dealbreakers Jacqui KahlidAbdelHadi My.Kali Jacqui joins The Guncles to share our survey results and announce the winner… with a special surprise! One listener needs advice on how to meet her boyfriend’s Trump-loving dad and the stepmom (who blocked her on Facebook). Another listener wonders what to do when her sexual needs directly clash with her partner’s boundaries. Guncle of the Week is Khalid Abdel-Hadi, founder of Jordan’s first LGBTQ+ online magazine. Share MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE Vice: How Kahlid Abdel-Hadi started Jordan’s first LGBTQ magazine My.Kali magazine all the ways to wash dishes Shakti Gawain website Nonviolent Communication about Marshall Rosenburg, the creator of Non-Violent Communication Video and books
- Episode 23 | Ask Your Gay Uncle Podcast
Previous Episode Previous Episode 23. ANTHONY MEINDL: OUR FAVORITE HOLLYWOOD GUNCLE 00:00 / 01:04 Tags #Film #QueerRepresentation #GregLouganis #RockHudson #SocialMedia #AnthonyMeindl #PulseNightclub #KylieJenner #Guns #MassShootings Anthony Meindl shares the genesis of his award-winning film “Where We Go From Here”, which explores three different stories about love and hate in Paris, Orlando, and Binghamton. He also answers listener questions about queer representation in Hollywood and balancing social media with work. Meindl’s film industry experience pays off when they quiz each other on movie quotes trivia in this week’s Generation Gap. Share MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE Anthony Meindl Anthony Meindl's website about Meindl’s award-winning film, Where We Go From Here Article Where to watch Where We Go From Here Where to find Anthony’s books Clip of “JAWS” actor saying, “A Whaaaat?!”
- Episode 31 | Ask Your Gay Uncle Podcast
Previous Episode Previous Episode 31. NETWORKING, BAD TEXTERS, AND SEX WITH WOMEN 00:00 / 01:04 The Guncles answer a listener question about their sexual experience with women, and whether they feel they’re missing out as gay men. In “Guncle To Guncle” Tommy seeks advice on dealing with a “bad texter” and Ben seeks advice on career networking. Tags # # # # # # # # SexWithWomen Sex Networking Texting Patience KatherineLeeBates DatingApps Dates Share MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE Buzzfeed article on Katherine Lee Bates Deeper dive into Katherine Lee Bates by a Wellesley College Alumnae A collection of Katherine Lee Bates Poetry
- Episodes | Ask Your Gay Uncle
38. "I accidentally found his will..." A listener has been providing extensive care for an elderly friend with Parkinson's, who has promised to include this listener his will. This listener accidentally happened upon the will... read it… and discovered... 37. "How can I develop empathetic sonar?" Ben seeks advice from Tommy on ways to develop his ‘empathetic sonar.’ How does one practice reading the emotions and needs of those around them? Gauntie of the Week is trail-blazing doctor Margaret Chung. One listener asks about a vigilante Instagram account called “Gays Over COVID” that outs gays for partying amidst the pandemic… What do The Guncles think about this social media call-out culture phenomenon... 36. Gays Over COVID and DIY Decorating Author, mechanical engineer, interfaith minister and self proclaimed “hummingbird,” Erika Allison discusses her new book “Gay The Pray Away.” She talks about overcoming the trauma from conversion... 35. “Gay The Pray Away” with Erika Allison, Conversion Therapy Survivor One listener tells a story about his young niece being crushed that she wasn’t old enough to watch a French film about two women falling in love… so he asks the Guncles for help finding family-friendly... 34. "It's about two women falling in love..." Michael Seligman writes and produces incredible content with a focus on drag, drag history and untold queer stories. His work includes Ru Paul’s Drag Race, the documentary P.S. Burn This Letter Please, and... 33. Talking Drag with “Gay Spy” Michael Seligman Jacqui joins The Guncles to share our survey results and announce the winner… with a special surprise! One listener needs advice on how to meet her boyfriend’s Trump-loving dad and the stepmom (who... 32. "His stepmom blocked me on Facebook..." The Guncles answer a listener question about their sexual experience with women, and whether they feel they’re missing out as gay men. In “Guncle To Guncle” Tommy seeks advice on dealing with a “bad texter”... 31. Networking, Bad Texters, and Sex with Women Tommy shares the single biggest challenge he’s ever faced. WARNING: This episode contains graphic descriptions of a traumatic accident involving injury and death. 30. Tommy’s Biggest Challenge, Part 2: The Aftermath Tommy shares the single biggest challenge he’s ever faced. WARNING: This episode contains graphic descriptions of a traumatic accident involving injury and death. 29. Tommy’s Biggest Challenge, Part 1: The Accident The Guncles answer a listener question about having sex on dates vs. hookups. On another question, they explore being out and employable in the realms of dance, theatre, and film. 28. To Sex or Not to Sex? The Guncles answer a listener question about oversexualization and objectification in gay culture, particularly on social media. Ben opens up about his sexualized instagram persona. 27. "Objectification with a side of consent please" Ben and Tommy get tested for Covid, go head-to-head in a Christmas Carol battle, and help a listener celebrate a solo New Year’s Eve. 26. A Very COVID Christmas The Guncles share past relationship regrets, and answer a listener question regarding who receives more prejudice, gay men or lesbians. Ben’s “Moment of Culture” begins at a Mexican drag party in 1901… 25. Relationship Regrets and Homo-NO-phobia Gay romantic movies, how long to wait before sex, and how to create an LGBT+ friendly household for your kids. 24. Sex on the First Date? Gay Movies with Straight Actors? Writer, filmmaker, and acting coach Anthony Meidl joins The Guncles to answer listener questions, play Generation Gap and discuss his new book and award-winning film. 23. Anthony Meindl: Our Favorite Hollywood Guncle The Guncles discuss their first crushes. Tommy helps Ben break through the friendzone while Ben helps Tommy craft a flirty text. In “The Generation Gap” they test each other’s knowledge of cartoons. 22. Cartoons, Crushes, and Breaking the Friendzone Tommy interviews Ben's sisters. 21. Sisters Tell All, part 2: Ben Ben interviews Tommy’s sisters. 20. Sisters Tell All, part 1: Tommy The Guncles answer three listener questions: Can you be not gay enough? How to connect with LGBTQ+ people at college and are women who watch gay porn fetishists? 19. Experimenting in College and Women Who Watch Gay Porn The Guncles celebrate gay civil rights hero Bayard Rustin and interview his long time partner Walter Naegle. 18. The Civil Rights Hero You Weren’t Taught About In History: Bayard Rustin, and his partner Walter Naegle The Guncles are joined by Zachary Zane, sex columnist for Men’s Health and self-proclaimed “ethical manwhore." 17. ‘Sexpert’ Zachary Zane on Bisexuality, Bottoming, and Masc4Masc Thirteen stories about coming out, as told by our listeners. 16. It's National Coming Out Day!!! The Guncles answer a series of questions with two common themes: Daddies and difficult conversations. 15. Daddies, Ultimatums, and the word "Faggot" The Guncles give advice to a closeted Christian who’s considering remaining in the closet permanently. Five LGBTQ+ guests from five different religions share how they reconcile their faith with their sexuality. 14. Religion, part 2: Have your Faith and Eat It Too How do you reconcile being Christian with being gay? Father Rico Avila joins The Guncles to answer this difficult question, and shares his outrageous coming out story. 13. Religion, part 1: Gay and Christian? Father Rico Avila Breaks the Bread Ben and Tommy dive into the drama of the 1973 Gay Pride rally. The Guncles discuss the growing prevalence of “Golden Gays” and advise a newly-out 52 year old man how to catch up on “missed gay experiences.” 12. Golden Gays, Coming Out Late, and The Battle of the Pride 1973 Tommy and Ben interview LGBTQ+ historian Dr. Eric Cervini about his New York Times best selling book, . The Guncles check in on advice they gave each other in previous episodes, and discuss why it’s so scary to make the first move! The Deviant’s War: The Homosexual vs. The United States of America 11. Shoulder Demons, Sexual Deviants, and Dr. Eric Cervini 10. The Body Episode The guncles answer a series of questions about body and body image. Tommy presents Mexican-American lesbian photographer Laura Aguilar. 9. Gay Uncle's Day, Simon Dunn, and Badass Bitches The guncles interview hunky Australian Rugby and Bobsled star, Simon Dunn, about being an out pro-athlete and a gay uncle. Tommy and Ben quiz each other on iconic TV/cinema from their childhood. 8. Dating Apps, OnlyFans, and Meeting the Parents Is it safe to subscribe to OnlyFans? How do you get solo time with your lover when their friends keep getting in the way? Ben wants advice on bringing someone home to meet the family. 7. The Porn Episode Tommy and Ben go down the porn rabbit-hole. Special guest Bruce Merkle presents Guncle of The Week, legendary Hollywood film director George Cukor. 6. Sissies, Threesomes, and Puppies Why are there so many gay men in the arts? Tommy and Ben examine the Generation Gap and discuss the connotations of language surrounding sexuality. Tommy and Ben discuss the details of PrEP. The guncles also tackle friends that don't get along, friends that fall in love with friends, and friends that have a bone to pick. 5. PrEP, Lies, and Friends (not the sitcom) Bonus: Deep Dive with Tommy and Ben In this extended "Guncle-to-Guncle," Tommy and Ben share some deeply personal stories. 4. Magic Carpets and White Patriarchy How can we let in the feeling of love? How do gay white men benefit from the Patriarchy? What do the Guncles want for the next generation of Guncles? 3. Homos in the Arts and the Generation Gap Why are there so many gay men in the arts? Tommy and Ben examine the depths of the Generation Gap. 2. DMs, Radical Faeries, and Burying the Hatchet Ben gets a lesson about the Radical Faeries. Tommy gets a lesson about DMs. Both uncles explore ways to forgive and move on. Bonus: Stonewall, F4, and David Scott A bonus track commemorating the Stonewall Riots. Hear David Scott, a regular at the Stonewall Inn, share his firsthand description of those momentous nights. 1. Shawn Mendes, Gay Tribalism, and Multiple Orgasms How do you tell your siblings that their kids might be LGBTQ? How do you stop falling in love with unavailable people? What's a rhombus? Trailer: Introducing Ask Your Gay Uncle Gay uncles Ben Palacios & Tom Truss introduce their new podcast of advice, antics, tender moments, and tough love.